Skip to main content

Summer Blog Post 1

This summer my parents decided to drag us to Scotland. Not a bad place to be dragged to but it might've been more enjoyable had our family vacation not been focused on me writing my extended essay.

While my parents and brother went out exploring the beautiful landscape of 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MLK Response

In the speech “ I have a dream” written by Martin Luther King, metaphors and hyperboles are used to evoke a sense of empathy and support from all Americans. Conveying a message that his dream of racial justice and freedom is for both blacks and whites. Luther compares the massive suffering of the African American community more relatable hardships such as "being bound in chains", "sweltering heat" and "a lonely island of poverty". These metaphors intertwined with hyperboles are far more easy to picture than racial oppression and police brutality.  Furthermore, Luther uses repetition to emphasize on his message of freedom. With every point he tries to make Luther uses  repetition  to  genuinely  impact his audience. Such as " But  one hundred years later , the Negro still is not free.  One hundred years later , the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination.  One hundred years l...

For Visibly Smooth and Touchably Soft Skin

The male model being used as a prop to gently hold the woman evokes the need for intimacy, the woman looks back to her audience as to say that she is in this position thanks to nivea smooth milk body wash. Through the use of the romantic image it is clear the ad is marketed towards a female audience as the man has been rid of his masculinity to softly hold the woman, further the ad is far more feminine with light lettering and a neutral background. Nivea then uses simple diction to quickly capture their audience through the use of two simple phrases promising soft skin.  
Oh hello people, let me introduce myself. My name is Milly, I am from the Netherlands but also have a Canadian passport. Where I am from is quite complicated and explaining takes a whole lot time. At times I don't even know where I am truly from. In fact my parents wanted to move back to Canada this year, for a fear I might have an identity crisis. I have been living in Abu Dhabi for two years now, and its been the best time of my life. The culture and all the diversity is so amazing and such a breath of fresh air from a small town in Canada I used to live in.  Since I am bilingual and english is my second language, I have always struggled with writing. I hope that this year I will be able to improve on those skills. It is important to study language because language is how you communicate with others and express yourself .  The things I most care about would be my family and friends.  These are the people that get me going and the reason I wake up in the morning. I...