Skip to main content

Interview with "The King of Pop"

Michael Jackson; Known as the King of Pop, is the first African-American singer to sell over two-hundred and fifty records. He has had 29 songs hit the top 100 in the US and has become the most loved pop, rock and soul artist of his time. Here at Radio 105 Los Angeles we have had the honor of   having Michael Jackson in the studio being interviews by our very own Alissa Wroth. 

They are discussing Michael Jacksons new hit song “Man in the Mirror”. In the song Jackson discusses many social and political issues that are very real in our society today. The song released this 1888 last month has already hit number one. Please welcome to the studio the King of Pop: Michael Jackson. 

Allisa Wroth: “Hello Michael, what an honor it is to have you here in the studio, thankyou so much for speaking with us today!”

Michael Jackson: “Oh no thank you it is a pleasure”

Alissa Wroth: “So we heard your new song, it is quite the hit already.”

Michael Jackson: “It’s been a great success, (I mean) we sold one hundred thousand copies in the first week. I am very overwhelmed because it is such a personal issue that is very close to my heart.”

Alissa Wroth: “Now what inspired you to write such powerful lyrics?”

Michael Jackson: “Well yes the song is called “Man in the Mirror” and what happens when you look in the mirror? You see yourself right? I mean so many people are struggling and I am here and I live a very privileged life and many who do live the way I do just overlook the issues that others are facing.”

Alissa Wroth: “What particular community are you trying to address?” 

Michael Jackson: “Well when I drive around the streets of Chicago I see all these horrible things with kids who do not have enough to eat and the homeless looking for anything in the garbage in order to provide for their families. A long with all the substance abuse it is so real. Now there are so many celebrities and privileged individuals who just turn a blind eye to this poverty and abuse and those are really the people I want to speak to. Now I am so thankful for all the wonderful opportunities that have come my way but the people need to stop and realize that others aren’t as lucky.” 

Alissa Wroth: “The music video is quite powerful and you have really managed to portray the lives of people on the streets, now this has stirred up quite the controversy as the images are quite shocking, were you aware of this when you released it?” 

Michael Jackson: “Now my goal in music has never been to stay in a comfortable place.  I want people to think and feel when they listen to my music. The poverty is not just prevalent in Africa and other places, these are things going on in our America. We have starving children in our own streets at home, now if no one shocks the world with these images and words then who will? As a privileged individual I want to be the change, not just stand by and watch like most people would.The impact this has had is just wonderful and even most politicians can’t bring across messages like this” 


Alissa Wroth: “Well it seems we are out of time. Thankyou so much Michael for coming in to talk to us and again it was such an honor.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh hello people, let me introduce myself. My name is Milly, I am from the Netherlands but also have a Canadian passport. Where I am from is quite complicated and explaining takes a whole lot time. At times I don't even know where I am truly from. In fact my parents wanted to move back to Canada this year, for a fear I might have an identity crisis. I have been living in Abu Dhabi for two years now, and its been the best time of my life. The culture and all the diversity is so amazing and such a breath of fresh air from a small town in Canada I used to live in.  Since I am bilingual and english is my second language, I have always struggled with writing. I hope that this year I will be able to improve on those skills. It is important to study language because language is how you communicate with others and express yourself .  The things I most care about would be my family and friends.  These are the people that get me going and the reason I wake up in the morning. I know that

MLK Response

In the speech “ I have a dream” written by Martin Luther King, metaphors and hyperboles are used to evoke a sense of empathy and support from all Americans. Conveying a message that his dream of racial justice and freedom is for both blacks and whites. Luther compares the massive suffering of the African American community more relatable hardships such as "being bound in chains", "sweltering heat" and "a lonely island of poverty". These metaphors intertwined with hyperboles are far more easy to picture than racial oppression and police brutality.  Furthermore, Luther uses repetition to emphasize on his message of freedom. With every point he tries to make Luther uses  repetition  to  genuinely  impact his audience. Such as " But  one hundred years later , the Negro still is not free.  One hundred years later , the life of the Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination.  One hundred years later

Media and Pop Culture Analysis

Pop culture is the common popular ideas, attitudes, beliefs or trends shared by society. It emerged in the 20th century and has been shared through media.  Media messages are constructed using creative techniques, but the construction process is invisible to viewers, readers, and listeners. The messages presented by influencers and advertisers to society are carefully manufactured through many different layers of production, editing and filtering before the final product is released. Viewers only see the final product and this is how false beauty standards and inauthentic ideas are created. However towards the viewer it looks as if the images are genuine. Especially young people fall into the trap of entering contests and promoting a celebrity online just to get a retweet or attention from the celebrity or company, not realizing that this a ploy or advertising strategy in order to build bigger brand. Companies and celebrities use this creative invisible process to their a